Sunday, July 1, 2012

Introduction

Whenever I tell people I want to become a mangaka the reactions are usually negative.
People not interested in manga usually think it's a silly fad and that I'm not being serious.
People interested in manga usually tell me that there are thousands of other talented people with the same dream and even if I was the lucky one to land a job, I would only make a ridiculously small amount of money.

So why even try? The answer is simple. It is my dream and even if I don't succeed, I would surely regret it if I hadn't tried everything in my power.

So I spent some time researching material and information to get one step closer at a time to my goal of becoming a mangaka. I also spend my time analyzing certain attributes of not only manga but stories in general. And if I figured out some good stuff, why not share the wealth? I figure there may be one or two other mangaka in spe who will find this information useful. And even if you're not going the professional route it may spice up your Doujinshi or Fanfics. And if I'm really lucky, a few people who I've helped will click on ads and help me earn a few bucks in return. Does that sound so bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything to add?